Lenovo ThinkPad T450s
As a user favorite, this laptop by Lenovo is a tough and durable laptop that is recommended by a plethora of users and critics for any businessman or businesswoman who needs a portable workstation that is more serviceable than an Ultrabook which simply doesn’t have enough battery power, computational power, ports, or features that are needed in the world of business.
- 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5300U;
- 2.3GHz processing speed; Standard with Windows 8.1 Pro; 8GB RAM; 256GB SSD Storage Capacity;
- Intel HD Graphics 5500; 14-inch screen size with a 1920 x 1080 IPS resolution screen; 15+ hours of potential battery life;
- comfortable typing and navigation;
- Back-Lit, two-mode Keyboard;
- Rugged Chassis;
- Spill Resistant Keyboard;
- 3.8lbs; Dolby Digital Plus audio; heat control;
- one USB 3.0 port; Ethernet connection; headphone/mic jack;
- Kensington lock slot; 4-in-1 card reader; 720p webcam;
- and VGO which is still used on projectors, conferencing systems, and other business machines.
The Lenovo ThinkPad T450s’s mix of speed, durability, lifespan, configuration options, and keyboard are better than nearly all of the business laptops out there. Users love the feel of the keyboard as well, citing quicker typing and words per minute, making it ideal for business use, where time equals money.
This is a top pick on almost every tech site’s list of 2015’s best business laptops.
Dell XPS 13 (2015)
Also a user favorite, the XPS 13 is a sharp-displayed, compact, Ultrabook that does not compromise power or usability for its sleek, slim, and portable shell.
- The option of a non-touch or quad-HD touch display figures heavily into the configuration:
- Non-Touch Display: 13.3” FDH AG 1080p InfinityEdge Display;
- 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6200U processor;
- 3M Cache, up to 2.8 GHz; 8GB LPDDR# 1866MHz memory;
- 128GB SSD;
- Intel HD Graphics 520;
- Bluetooth 4.1;
- starting weight of 2.7lbs;
- Two USB 3.0 ports, one with PowerShare, SD card reader (SD, SDHC, SDXC), headset jack,
- Noble lock slot,
- Thunderbolt 3. Thunderbolt 3 supports: power in/charging; PowerShare;
- USB 3.1 Gen 2;
- Native Display Port 1.2 video output, VGA; HDMI;
- Ethernet; and USB-A via Dell Adapter. 720p HD webcame with microphone;
- Backlit chiclet keyboard; 1.3 mm travel.
This business laptop by Dell is a businessperson’s dream. With extreme portability, extremely thin design, high resolution InfinityEdge Display, excellent CPU power, a variety of ports, and the newest technology crammed inside this compact laptop, it is a favorite among businessmen and women who need to get work done with high quality gear but without a huge or bulky laptop to slow them down. The Dell XPS 13 touch or non-touch options both have it all for your business’ needs.
Acer TravelMate P645-SG-79QV
This laptop by Acer was created to be portable for travel and business. But not only does it have portability, it also has the perks of a high-quality personal laptop in terms of processing power and graphics.
- 14-inch, 1080p display; Intel Core i7-5500U processor,
- 2.4GHz or processing speed; 8GB RAM; 256GB SSD (storage capacity);
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M graphics card with 2GB of dedicated memory; 2048 graphics memory;
- a standard battery life of 9 hours and 10 minutes;
- back-lit keyboard; sturdy, magnesium-aluminum alloy and carbon-fiber construction;
- HDMI port; three USB 3.0 ports;
- VGA port; webcam, and microphone.
This laptop is all business: with its high-quality graphics and display capabilities fit for a PC gamer, along with its intense processing speeds and storage capacity, this laptop can do it all for any business you’re in. This model would be an especially excellent pick for graphic designers, engineers, web designers, artists, and those in the field of technology or where presentation is key.
Whatever laptop you choose to purchase for your business, make sure that your new workstation is complete with the best business laptop that best suits your needs, is within your budget, and is upgradable for whatever the future throws at you.